CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

"I pee pee grass"




So we started a little bit of potty training Natalie. They do it in school and she started going at school so I decided to try it at home and see what happens. Some days she is more willing than others but in the last few days she seems more interested. I have a special box full of stickers which she gets one every time she goes. But now she has learned how to work the system. She realized that she gets one sticker every time she goes so instead of doing all her business in one sitting she goes a little bit, stops, she tells me she went, shows it to me, goes to the toilet flushes it and then asks to have her hands washed and get her sticker. So I think she is done, as I am about to put a diaper on she says "I pee pee more" and off she goes back to the potty and the whole cycle starts again. Yesterday she did this 5 times. By the last time she is pushing with all her might and getting only a drop, but hey she got 5 stickers so she was very happy.
Today in school she actually peed in the potty the whole day, every time they took them and she stayed dry all morning. We will see how she does at home tomorrow. I try to get her to wear underwear but she is not interested at all. She will wear them for a little bit (5 minutes) and then take them off. She does not ask for a diaper she would rather stay naked. Apparently she does not like the feel of the underwear.
Now on the issue of #2 it is a different story. For the past year Natalie has been doing her business mostly outside. I guess she likes to be in nature with the dogs, who knows. But usually in the mornings or early afternoons if she tells us she wants to go outside it is to do her business. So as we started potty training every time she asks to go outside I ask her if she has to poop and if she does she should go in the potty. Her response " I poo poo outside". I even tried bringing the potty outside one day and she paid no attention. So today after dinner she says she wants to go outside. Given that she had such a successful day at school I ask her if she has to go poop. I get her usual response of "I poop outside". I tell her that I will bring the potty and I would read her a book. She gets all excited and agrees. So off we go to the back porch. She sits, I start reading her book and she pees. So she is happy and I am thinking that this may work after all. Well after peeing she says she wants to move the potty to the fort part of her swing set. So we move the potty and she sits down and I continue to read. I guess now that she peed once she lost interest and seeing the dogs go in the grass she starts thinking because next thing I know she is off the potty standing in the grass and telling me "I pee pee grass" and there she goes peeing in the grass, standing up. She is very proud of herself, I have to stop myself from laughing because the last thing I want is to encourage this. (This morning she came inside half naked because she was able to get her diaper off ). So after doing this once she runs around after the dogs and stops by the fence, her back against the fence and I can see she is concentrating on something and then I see that she is peeing again and she starts yelling to me "I pee pee grass".
At least she did not go #2 outside since I did not really want to clean up that mess. We will see what she does tomorrow. Here are some pictures of Natalie outside today....

Izzie is doing good. She is all into people food and eats anything you put in front of her. She likes chicken, ground beef, cheese, pasta. She likes all kinds of fruit. She eats her baby food as long as no one else is eating around her. If we are eating she screams until we give her what we have. And if Aaron is cooking and she can smell it forget it, she wants it too! She is standing really well on her own now and her cruising is much better and faster. She loves getting into the pantry and playing with whatever is at her reach.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you started a blog. It will be so much fun to read and watch the girls as they grow up!