CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

9 months old

Today July 30 Izzie is 9 months old. I cannot believe it. I have no idea where the last year has gone by let alone the last 9 months. She is getting so big so fast it is incredible. I thought time was going fast after Natalie was born but since Izzie came along now it seems to be going by even faster. My babies are growing up. Although if you ask Natalie if she is a big girl or a baby she will tell you she is a baby. I am sure if Izzie could talk Izzie would say she is a big girl. She just adores Natalie and whatever Natalie does she follows her and tries to do too. Now Izzie has started playing with the baby strollers. Natalie so far has been good at sharing them but not all the times. We have one of those big riding cars in the house downstairs and Natalie gets on it and Izzie takes off crawling behind her. Natalie does loops around the house with Izzie behind. Pretty soon Izzie will be pushing something behind her.
Izzie is cruising really good. She pulls herself up on anything that will provide a little help and support. She is very curious about everything. She still has not tried climbing on the stairs but I am sure it is just a matter of days.

Izzie has been crying every time I put her in her car seat. We think she was not that comfortable in the infant car seat. I was not comfortable carrying it. It was so heavy. So I got Natalie a booster seat and Izzie got Natalie's convertible car seat. Natalie loves her new car seat since it is pink and apparently that is her favorite color. Izzie seems to be doing ok in the new car seat but she is getting tired of facing the back. I am sure she will be very happy come October when she can face the front.

Izzie's latest funny faces is that she has discovered her tongue and that she can stick it out. She crawls around with her tongue sticking out and then grabs and pulls it. She is so silly.

Natalie is doing very well with potty training. She does not tell me she has to go but if I tell her to sit she goes pee pee. I have noticed that she has started to hold it for longer stretches and she is peeing a lot more than just the drops she was doing a couple of weeks ago. I am trying to keep her without a diaper when we are home to make it easier to go the potty and make her hold it. So far it seems to be working but the other day she went #2 in the carpet. The potty was right there but I guess she is still not getting it. Later on in the day she was playing and forgot to go sit so she peed on herself. When Aaron got home from work he asked her if she had poo poo in the carpet and she informed him "and pee pee too". We will see how this progresses. The latest in her adventures is that now Pi (her stuffed piggy) goes potty. She sits her (we were told by Natalie that Pi is a girl...) down in the potty and gives her stickers.

Well here are some pictures taken today of Izzie and the girls with their new car seats.












1 comment:

Beccalynn81 said...

I found you! Love the new carseats!