CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Weekend Adventures

So I figured I will write something even though we have not done much. We had a pretty uneventful weekend. Hurricane Ike was coming to the Texas coast and all week long they were talking here how it was going to rain and we could even get some tropical storm winds. Well we got pretty much nothing. It was just a cloudy breezy day and it never rained. Aaron & Natalie even went to the pool! We took the girls to the park in the afternoon.

We have been cleaning out the storage area. We don't have much space and it is full with baby stuff. Since we are not going to need the baby stuff anymore I have been trying to sell stuff on craigs list so that I can at least get something. So far I have sold a crib, mattress, swing, bouncy and the gymini mat. I have some other stuff and I need to add a whole lot more it just takes some time to take the pictures and write the posts.

Last night we moved the desk that had my computer from the playroom to the guest bedroom and we moved the computer downstairs into Aaron's office. Aaron does not work from home that much so we figured since we have an office we might as well use it. He is not too thrilled to be sharing his office with me again but he will get over it. He is complaining that I am going to make him keep it neat and organized but I think deep down he is not that upset about it. But it was an ordeal trying to fit another computer with all my other stuff from the desk in the office. We have a lot of furniture in one small room. The kids were very excited when the opportunity of playing with office supplies appeared to them. We look over and Izzie has my digital camera, then the video camera. Natalie on the other hand was trying to grab scissors and permanent markers. I can only imagine what she would have done with the permanent markers, she already colored the living room with the washable ones. But the office is done and everything fit. I have the big desk, Aaron has the little one but again he is not here that much. The playroom upstairs looks a little weird without the desk there. We had to move the toys around but there is a lot more room now which is nice. I want to get the girls some big toys for Christmas so I wanted to start making some space.

This afternoon we gave the dogs a bath. Well Aaron did, I was going to help him but Izzie decided to climb up to the back porch and I had to watch make sure she was not going to decide to come down. She has learned to climbed stairs and she loves it.

Natalie is doing very well with her potty training. We did have a little issue today...... She had to go potty and went in the normal potty but apparently she missed. We did not realized she missed until Aaron stepped on it and walked all over the kitchen. So I was trying to help Aaron first off clean his foot to stop getting urine all over the house. Then I was cleaning the trail he left while he tackled the puddle in the bathroom. I left an antibacterial wipe on the floor and next thing we know Izzie is chewing on it. I cleaned her mouth but I was concerned so I made Aaron call poison control. They said she should be ok and maybe would even throw up. She never threw up and she ate her meal without a problem. But now we feel like we have reached a new milestone.... having called poison control. It took us 2 1/2 years. I figured something like this would happen with Izzie, she is a little firecracker. She gets into everything and it's not scared or shy about anything. So different from Natalie.

Izzie has become quite the eater. She eats so much that at each meal we are surprised. She eats about twice as much as what Natalie eats. It is unbelievable. She can be in her high chair for about an hour just eating. It is so nice that she can feed herself. If only we could get Natalie to eat that well.

Well here are some pictures taken this weekend. Enjoy

this morning I found Parker & Abi on the dog bed in the living room together.


Here is Natalie & Izzie outside playing.


Here is Parker & Abi after their bath.


Not sure if Izzie has learned this from watching Natalie but she got Parker's collar and put it in the swing and was trying to swing it. She kept getting hit in the face with the swing.


Natalie giving Izzie a hug



Izzie's latest trick climbing stairs.

1 comment:

Beccalynn81 said...

Sounds like ya'll had a fun weekend! I bet you are glad to get the office set up and moved!