CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My day today.....

So I am having such a wonderful day today that I had to share!!! (can you tell my sarcasm....)

So my day started at 5am (i am rounding here it was like 4:50am) when I heard banging around coming from upstairs. So I dragged myself out of bed and sure enough I find Natalie ready to start her day. So some arguing about the time and some threatening and I go back downstairs to try to get some more sleep. Well of course I can't sleep. I can hear Natalie opening and closing her dresser. So she is not going back to sleep. Now we need to make sure Izzie does not get woken up. So finally at 5:50am I give up on any sleep and get up. At 6:00 am Izzie is up. She normally wakes up at 7:00 so waking up at 6:00 is not good.
So I tell them they need to stay in their rooms until it's time to get up (my plan 6:30).
Whole lot of crying & screaming. It's barely 6am!!!

So 6:30 the girls come out. Sure enough Izzie is cranky! She is tired and clingy and whinny and I am trying to get ready for the day ahead of me.

By 8:00am the girls have had so many time outs I lose count.

At 9:30 I have had enough of all the screaming and fighting that I put them each in their room before it's time to go to Natalie's ballet class.

At 10:00 I go get Natalie to get her dressed for ballet and I find her sitting on her sink, pulling medicines from the medicine cabinet because the baby doll needs medicine. I look in Izzie's room and I realize that they have been going to their rooms through the bathroom and that Natalie had already been through Izzie's medicine cabinet. Luckily she could not open the motrin & tylenol or the huge bottle of baby oil..........

We go to ballet then it's home for lunch. Things are looking up. I see naptime in my future......

The girls go to sleep and although they did not take a very long nap like they should given how tired they are, it was still a good nap so hopefully the afternoon will be better.

At 3:15 we leave so that we can go pick up Parker's medicines at the vet which I had already called ahead so all we had to do was pick them up. And then off to playgroup.

So we get to the vet, I asked for the pills, they are finishing getting them ready. The girls are at next to me. I look down and Izzie is laying on the floor. I make her get up, why is she laying on the floor at the vet's . So as I am checking out I notice Izzie's shirt is all dirty, she stinks and she is holding on to something in her fingers.
I smell poop!
Then I notice poop on the floor and realize she has been playing with it, rolling with it on the floor and I am hoping she did not try to eat it. This all in the 5 min we have been there.
So Izzie starts crying and has this look in her eyes like she did something bad. She gets all serious and does not talk. So I am thinking she ate poop.
So I tell the people working there that there is poop on the floor, I take her shirt off, which is has poop all over and stinks. Well Izzie still stinks, so I take her to the bathroom (with Natalie following behind trying to leave the bathroom because she does not want to be stuck there). So I wash Izzie's hand, and I am trying to smell her mouth to see if she ate any, spraying water in her mouth just in case (in the end I don't think she ate any but I am not 100% sure) and cleaning her chest. I think we are good to go, when Izzie says "poop" and points at my feet. Well Izzie had stepped on it too, and she had stepped on my feet, so now my feet have poop too.
So I get my foot and flip flop cleaned and 15 min later we are out the door. We were at the vet for almost 1/2 hr when all I wanted was to pick the pills.
We leave and poor Izzie is shoeless and shirtless.

Thank goodness we had playgroup and Aaron came home early so when we got back he was home. The girls are still tired and I can't wait for bedtime!

I just hope tomorrow is a better day!

No comments: