CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 8, 2008

No More Paci!!!!!


Natalie is done with the paci! She has been using a paci for bedtime and naptime only (except for school which for some reason she is ok without one....). Aaron and I have been trying to figure out when it will be a good time to stop giving it to her. We were going to wait until after the holidays but Natalie apparently is so stubborn that she has her way. Well turns out that the Wed before Thanksgiving I thought she had a low grade fever. She had a cold and looked a little sick so that night before going to bed I tried to give her some motrin. In case you did not know Natalie used to love motrin. She used to ask us to give her some even when she was not sick and if Izzie was taking it she would ask for some too. Well apparently she does not like Motrin now and did not want any. So she refused to take it. I told her that if she did not take the Motrin she could not have the paci. Usually that is the best trump card I have and she usually gives in. Well not this time and as a result no more pacis!!! The next day for naptime she asked for it but I reminded her that she did not take her medicine and she did not insist. For a couple of days she asked for it but if I reminded her that she did not take her medicine then she would stop. She has not asked for it for a couple of days now.

So last Friday we were at the mall and I wanted to give her something as a reward for giving up her paci. So we went to Build a Bear so that she could make her own stuffed animal. I thought for sure she would pick a puppy since she loves them. Well I was surprised when she picked Hello Kitty. I have no idea why, she has nothing of Hello Kitty at home. In fact she is afraid of cats.... but she insisted and ever since Hello Kitty has been her companion. I have been reminded her the reason she has Hello Kitty and it's pretty funny because she now tells you that it's because "no more pacis" and that she is a big girl.

Here are some pictures of Natalie and the twins with Hello Kitty.....

1 comment:

Beccalynn81 said...

Yay Natalie! That is great! Very cute Hello Kitty!